Creating a Custom Post Type:
A custom post is a self-created post that displays whatever information you desire to display.
- Nav to wp-admin dashboard
- Find TOOLSET on left-hand menu
- Select Post types
- Select Add New
- Fill out all appropriate fields
- Click Save Post Type
Creating A Custom Field Group:
This is the information that will be standardized on each post.
- select post field
- select add New
- Add title
- click Save
- Add in whatever fields you desire to display uniformly throughout your posts.
- Add in titles for each info section.
- click the slug box; it will autofill.
- click save field group
Creating a View:
A view allows you to have a particular setup that will be repeated throughout your post page.
- click TOOLSET
- click Views
- click add New
- select display all results
- select the post type you want to display in your view
- Use toolset wizard in the proceeding fields
- save/update all code
Initializing a View:
- Nav to dashboard
- Nav to Appearance, Menus
- Select your view from the left hand check box Menu
- Drag and drop new menu item to wherever you want it in the order 5.Click “save Menu”